Tuesday – Saturday 12:05 p.m.
Rosary, Adoration and Benediction will take place at 11:30 a.m.
Masses are available on: www.christthekinglive.com
Registration for Masses at the Church of Christ the King
Dear Parishioners and Members of Our Faith Community,
We are pleased to announce that we are reopening Saturday 5:00 p.m. Masses to the public as of August 22nd, as well as weekday Masses (Tuesday to Friday at 12:05 p.m. with Adoration beginning at 11:30 a.m.).
We are also removing the weekly registration process in favour of a one-time registration form. All parishioners are asked to register themselves and their family members by calling the parish office at (705) 674-6447, or by completing the following online survey:
Fr. Raymond Akor and your Parish Coordinators (Andrew Kendall and Wanda Sutton)
Saturday and Sunday Mass Update
We are happy to inform you that Sunday morning Masses are proceeding well. We are averaging about 40 people each Sunday which is very close to our capacity. Thanks to a small dedicated and committed crew of volunteers we are able to greet and screen parishioners, provide helpful usher services that keep everyone safe while practising physical distancing and keep the church clean for all visitors.
We have heard from many of you that you would like to see Saturday Mass resume. While we are also eager to see this Mass proceed, we need volunteers. As our Sunday experience has demonstrated we need
- volunteers to screen parishioners before they enter the church,
- ushers to show people to their seats, organize movement for communion and assist with exiting after Masses
- people who will clean the parish after Mass
Before we can offer Saturday Mass we require a minimum of 7 people for each Mass, and to ensure that volunteers are not overworked we need at least 14 – 21 people to volunteer for Saturdays. Our ability to offer Saturday Mass is in your hands. If you want to attend Mass on Saturday at 5:00 p.m. please call the Parish Office at 705-674-6447 to confirm your availability as a volunteer.
Update on Masses at the Church of Christ the King
As we continue our efforts to ensure the safe opening of Masses to parishioners of the Church of Christ the King we appreciate your patience, cooperation, and continued support.
Please also be advised of these important notices regarding Mass attendance:
· Catholics are still dispensed from their obligation of Sunday Mass attendance at this time;
· COVID-19 is still in a threat to public health and our parish is only open to 30% capacity;
· Screening and public health protocols are in place – we ask that you come to Mass at least 15 minutes early, check your temperature at home and wash your hands before coming to the church for Mass;
· All parishioners are expected to wear non-medical masks and should bring their own masks – we suggest that parishioners over the age of five wear masks during Mass;
· Some parishioners may not be allowed entry for a specific Mass if capacity is reached before their arrival, or they present symptoms during the screening questionnaire;
· Those who are considered vulnerable and those who care for them should not attend;
· There will be no children’s liturgy at this time;
· Washrooms will be closed, so parishioners are reminded to be aware of this before attending Masses.
We appreciate your patience. If you have any questions or concerns please call the Parish Office (705) 674-6447, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to join the parish COVID response team, please call the parish office at 705-674-6447. Please continue to consult the parish website and Facebook page for further updates.
NEW SERIES ‘CALLED TO SERVE’ HIGHLIGHTS VOCATION STORIES
In this new series “Called to Serve” we profile various people who God has called to serve the Church in many different ways – Deacons, Priests, Bishops, Religious Sisters and Brothers and Lay Men & Women. In each episode, we highlight the journey of what it’s like to be called by God, and discover the grace God grants to those He calls. In this first episode, we profile Bishop Marcel Damphousse, Bishop of the Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie, and Archbishop-Elect of the Archdiocese of Ottawa-Cornwall. Bishop Damphousse shares when he knew that God was calling him to serve the Church as a priest, the joys and struggles he faced, and what he is looking forward to in his new appointment as Archbishop. This episode is available here: https://youtu.be/WV1z2Mx6icU
For your reflection, during this time of COVID-19 self-isolation, Homilies from our liturgies will be posted at the tab above, when they become available.
Prayer of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things, and desire to receive you. Since I cannot, at this moment, receive you in the Sacrament, come spiritually into my heart. I embrace you, for You are already there, and unite myself totally to you.
Never Permit me to be separated from you.
Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me. Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O good Jesus, hear me. Within Thy wounds hide me. Suffer me not to be separated from Thee. From the malicious enemy defend me.
In the hour of my death call me. And bid me come unto Thee. That with Thy saints, I may praise Thee forever and ever.
Please be sure to follow all of Heath Canada’s guidelines regarding COVID-19.
Visit the Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie Web Site for further information.